The Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna, together with the Fine Arts Academy, is situated in the building of the former Jesuitic College and St. Ignatius Church, builded between 1728 and 1735 following the project of the bolognese architect Alfonso Torregiani. After the enetering of the Napoleonian troops in Bologna, in 1796, and the following closing of the religious orders, the Clementina Academy with the new name of Fine Arts Academy, began to collect numerous artworks from the suppressed...
Read more
1 - 1 of 1 objects

-: Former St. Ignatius College

Suggested Content