[CONTEST] FOOD AND JOY CONTEST
Willy Ronis was a photographer known for revealing the innocence and joy of simple pleasures. French poet Philippe Soupault once remarked that “Willy Ronis has his heart in his eyes”. To coincide with the exhibition From Paris to Venice: A Photographic Journey by Willy Ronis, and in response to his photograph Little Parisian, The University Museum and Art Gallery of the University of Hong Kong (the ‘Organiser’) is hosting a photo contest (‘Contest’) centred around food and joy. We invite participants to photograph and submit images that exhibits moment of joy such as your favourite food, feeding a pet, shopping for a friend’s birthday cake, or exploring new cuisines. Be creative. Our aim is to spread happiness by gathering images that will bring a smile to everyone’s face.
How to enter
· Follow umag_hku on Instagram (“IG”)
· Post as many photos as you want on IG. Don’t forget to provide a title and write a creative caption (no more than 60 words in Chinese and 30 words in English). The number of entries won’t affect your likelihood of winning.
· Upload the photo and tag @umag_hku alongside the hashtag #OurHeartsInOurEyes on your personal IG account
· Participants are required to set their Instagram profile as public until Friday, 30 August 2019.
· The Contest is Only for IG. You need to have a personal IG Account to participate.
Tuesday, 9 July 2019 (opens at 14:00 Hong Kong standard time) to Friday, 9 August 2019 (closes at 13:00 Hong Kong standard time). The entry submission time will be based on the server’s record. Late submission will not be accepted.
· 1st place: a certificate of merit, a Willy Ronis catalogue and a $300 book voucher* to be used at the UMAG bookstore
· 2nd place: a certificate of merit, a Willy Ronis catalogue and a $200 book voucher* to be used at the UMAG bookstore
· 3rd place: a certificate of merit, a Willy Ronis catalogue and a $100 book voucher* to be used at the UMAG bookstore
The prize must be picked up from the UMAG office (2/F T.T. Tsui Building, University Museum and Art Gallery, HKU, 90 Bonham Road, Pokfulam) by the winner by 31 October 2019.
*Book voucher will be valid until 31 August 2021.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at UMAG’s sole discretion. UMAG reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
The winning results will be announced on UMAG website and UMAG Facebook page on Friday, 23 August 2019. Winners will be required to provide their names (as stated on their identification documents), phone numbers and email addresses via Inbox Message of IG. Personal information collected will only be used for contacting winners for prize redemption and identity authentication purposes. Winners should ensure all the information given is true and correct. Winners will also be notified by email or by phone individually.
Decision made by the panel of judges shall be final. In case of any dispute, UMAG reserves the final decision.
The eligible entries that best represent the ‘Food and Joy’ theme, through both the image and its caption in a manner that is inspirational, humorous, touching or thought-provoking.
Please click here for Terms and Conditions
Image: Little Parisian, 1952, Ministère de la Culture/Médiathèque de l’architecture et du patrimoine/Dist RMN-GP ©Donation Willy Ronis