A major highlight of the Cyprus Museum is exhibited in Room IV, which hosts the famous terracotta figurines from an ancient sanctuary discovered at the village of Agia Eirini. This site was excavated by the Swedish Cyprus Expedition that conducted excavations throughout the island from 1927 until 1931. At Agia Eirini, excavations revealed a sanctuary with hundreds of clay figurines placed around a stone altar. The figurines range from life-size to small and portray warriors and other male figures, chariots drawn by horses, centaurs and bulls. The sanctuary seems to have been used from the Late Bronze Age to the Archaic period, that is from the 12th to the 5th century BC. When the Swedish Cyprus Expedition completed its excavations, it took two thirds of the finds to Sweden where they are exhibited today at The Museum of Mediterranean Art, in Stockholm.